Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, where we aim to provide clear, comprehensive answers to common queries related to immigration law. Whether you’re exploring options to bring family members to the U.S., seeking to work or invest in the country, or navigating the complexities of visas and legal status, this page is designed to assist you.

Immigration law can be complex and intimidating, but understanding your options and the processes involved is the first step towards achieving your immigration goals. Here, you’ll find expert insights into family-based immigration, employment and investment opportunities, defense against removal, and much more.

Our FAQs are tailored to address the concerns of those at various stages of their immigration journey, from initial applications to adjusting status and beyond. Each question reflects our experience with the most common issues our clients face, providing you with a reliable resource for immigration information.

Remember, while this page offers general guidance, every situation is unique. For personalized advice tailored to your specific circumstances, we encourage you to contact us directly.

Explore our FAQs to gain a better understanding of your immigration options and how Help Law Offices can support you every step of the way.

Family-based immigration allows U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to sponsor certain family members for a visa that provides the opportunity to become lawful permanent residents (green card holders) of the U.S. The process involves filing a petition, providing supporting documentation, and going through a visa interview.

Yes, there are several types of employment-based visas available for individuals who have a job offer from a U.S. employer, possess extraordinary abilities, or fall under other specific employment categories. Each category has its own eligibility criteria and application process.

Investment-based visas, such as the EB-5 visa, are available to individuals who invest a significant amount of capital in a new commercial enterprise in the U.S. that creates or preserves a minimum number of jobs for U.S. workers. Eligibility criteria include the investment amount and the creation of jobs.

The K-1 fiancée visa allows U.S. citizens to bring their foreign fiancée(e)s to the U.S. with the intention of getting married within 90 days of arrival. Applicants must prove their intention to marry, the legitimacy of their relationship, and meet other requirements.

VAWA allows certain spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to file a petition for themselves without the abuser’s knowledge. This can help them seek safety and independence from the abuser. Applicants must prove the relationship, abuse, and their abuser’s immigration status.